During the pandemic, home-learning has been vital to the wellbeing of our students. This page holds a collection of resources to help you learn from home.
We will be updating this page as and when we find other sites so please check back for new additions.
To help our students understand the pandemic, and keep up-to-date with their tutors, we’ve created some resources to help them during #HomefieldFromHome.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel to follow our tutors as they upload lessons, tutorials and routines that you can do at home.
- What is coronavirus? – We’ve created a video to explain the situation to our students.
- Coronavirus Vocabulary – We’ve created a video to define new words and phrases to our students.
We have collated a list of useful websites that contain additional learning and enrichment activities.
- www.topmarks.co.uk – Search for great educational resources for different abilities, on a wide range of topics.
- www.senteacher.org – This website is dedicated to special education and inclusive learning. It has a wide range of free downloadable activities.
- ianbean.co.uk – A website offering SEN technology resources with accessible activities and supporting materials.
- www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize – A website offering daily lessons suitable for all ages
- bbcgoodfood.com – A site full of recipes to learn life skills by practicing cooking
- Drama Toolkit – A site with drama resources from games, lesson plans and schemes of work
- Big Activities – A site full of resources to learn whilst having fun
- Ted Talks – A site dedicated to curiosity in the form of short, powerful talks. There’s over 3000 videos so far. Their section Ted-Ed is focused on lessons for children and young people.
- Khan Academy – Providing free education on a wide range of subjects.
- Code Academy – Learn to code with easy tutorials
English, Comprehension, Reading & Books
- www.ictgames.co.uk – This is a great website with some simple literacy activities.
- OxfordOwl – free eBook library to develop reading skills for lower level reading abilities.
- The World of David Walliams – David Walliams is reading a new audiobook each day.
- Open Culture – over 1000 audiobooks to download for free
- Fun English Games – fun writing games
- Online Safety at Home resources – activity packs
Movement, Mindfulness & Exercise
- www.cosmickids.co.uk – Fun yoga stories, a great way to wind down and do some gentle exercise!
- www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers – This website is full of fun activities for a wide range of age groups and abilities to help students get moving as they learn.
- PE with Joe – The Body Coach provides a free workout routine every day.
- Physical activity packs – Physical activity ideas.
- Activity Alliance – Get active at home ideas.
- Parasport – Inclusive home workouts.
- CSP – Physiotherapy ideas from home.
Science, Geography, Nature & Discovery
- www.wowscience.co.uk – Various free activities that some students may find fun to try at home.
- How Stuff Works – Learn about how the world works with this site that answers many questions
- www.natgeokids.com – National Geographic for kids/young people has some brilliant interactive activities for you to learn about wildlife, animals, and the world.
- NASA – Kids Club is a great way to learn about space through games and interactive missions.
Speech & Language Help
- 18 Activities for Speech and Language practice at home – Keep speech and language part of your daily learning routine.
- Comprehensive list of speech and language resources for families – Collection of resources to help with speech and language.