Start Date: Aug/Sept 2023
Actual Salary: £16,007 unqualified, £16,391 qualified (based on 37 hours per week, term time only)
(£19,293 – £19,756 FTE)
Contract: Permanent – 38 weeks per year (Term Time)
Closing Date: Monday 3rd July 2023
Please apply at your earliest opportunity, we reserve the right to close this vacancy should we source suitable candidates.
‘Achievement through experience’.
We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and reliable Learning Support Assistants to join our friendly and supportive team. Based primarily at our Mountsorrel, Sileby or Barrow-upon-Soar sites, you will be working with young adults who have a wide range of learning disabilities, providing support for teaching, learning and assessment. You will play a vital role in enabling our students to achieve to their maximum potential, preparing them for adulthood and independent living.
The ideal applicant will have experience of working with young adults with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour with a minimum of level 2 qualifications in English and Maths. You should be confident, organised, and able to work in a busy environment.
Homefield College is an extremely rewarding place to work, we have an exceptionally caring ethos and pride ourselves on providing an environment which promotes dignity and respect for all, and where aspirations, dreams and goals are a focus.
We can offer you
We care about our staff team and to support employees in their role we offer a range of benefits including.
- A friendly and supportive working environment with enthusiastic and dedicated trustees and leaders.
- A commitment to the professional development of our staff, providing regular development days and access to a range of CPD to help you grow and develop in your role.
- We are a disability confident employer and adopt a range of workplace adjustments to support our teams to achieve their best.
- Cycle to work scheme which enables you to save over 25% on bikes & accessories.
- Eligibility for discount schemes such as NUS, Totum & Costco membership.
- Focussed support on your wellbeing, such as support groups, access to 24 hour Employee Assistance Support and counselling, eye care vouchers, and flu / Hep-B vaccinations for eligible staff.
- Contributory pension, enhanced family leave and occupational sick leave.
- A generous paid holiday allowance (Pro-rata 22 days per year plus bank holidays and one additional discretionary day).
If you are interested in this post, please complete the application forms, and e-mail them our HR Team. Application forms can be downloaded from the vacancies page on our website.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CVs and ask that you complete the Homefield Application Form in order for your application to be considered.
Homefield College promotes equality and diversity, and are a Disability Confident committed employer. All our employees are recruited on their merits, abilities and suitability for the role, complying with all relevant legislation, recommendations and guidance.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expect all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to child protection screening, including checks with past employers and enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
We look forward to hearing from you.