Our accessibility statement tells you how accessible our website is and how best to use it.
Accessibility Statement for www.homefieldcollege.ac.uk
At Homefield, we want as many people as possible to be able to use this site. We are committed to providing web accessibility for everyone, no matter how they need to access web content.
As part of this, we’ve made the text on our website clear and as simple as possible to understand. When using our website, you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
How accessible is our website?
This is a new website that has been built with accessibility regulations in mind. Despite that, we know some parts of this website are not fully accessible.
- a few older documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some document attachments are not written in plain English
- sign-language, extended audio descriptions and media alternatives are not currently available for pre-recorded content
- visual contrast is not at the enhanced level of 7:1 in some document attachments
Feedback and Contact Information
Make sure your request includes:
- your full name
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your email address (or postal address if you would prefer hard-copies)
- the format you need – for example, plain text, braille, BSL, large print or audio CD
How can I report accessibility problems with the website?
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of our website. We monitor our website and regularly update content to keep our site accessible.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Homefield College is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
PDFS and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations. However, we will aim to provide a link to a transcript within 2 weeks after any live video streams.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
As well as making sure new content follows the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, we also test our site using the online testing tools recommended by gov.uk. If these tests flag any issues, we work to correct them as required.
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This statement was prepared on 20 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 5 January 2021.