Lots of engaging activities were taken part in, such as:
- Pizza Making
- Guitar Songs
- Mindful 5 Senses Sheet
By being outside for the allotted time, it meant that:
- Students could talk to other pathway peers
- Catch up with staff they don’t see as often
- Try new things
- Appreciate nature
My personal highlight from the event was getting a ride on a buggy down to the site as I had never been on one before! It was very exciting!!
Luckily, the weather was on our side too, as it was warm and dry, which made the experience that much more enjoyable.
Overall, the event made a good impression on me as I learnt:
- The importance of taking a break from screens and the stress of daily life
- We need to appreciate the beauty in our natural surroundings a lot more
- We shouldn’t be obsessing over superficial things as much as we do currently