Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £20,257.56 FTE (£10.50 per hour)
Contract: Full Time & Part-time available
(Part-time options will involve working 2-3 full days per week.)
Closing Date: 9am Friday 12th January 2024
Interview Date: Friday 19th January 2024
Homefield College prides itself on being an environment where we promote dignity and respect for all, and where aspirations, dreams and goals are a focus.
We are seeking to recruit an organised, reliable and empathetic Day Service Assistant to support our beneficiaries maintain and improve their life and employability skills through meaningful activities. You will work collaboratively with a close team to achieve this, contributing new ideas and developing activities and resources to support communication or overcome barriers.
The ideal applicant will be able to work in a busy environment and should have experience of working with young adults with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. A minimum Level 2 qualifications in English and Maths is also required.
We care about our staff team and to support employees in their role we offer a range of benefits including:
- A friendly and supportive working environment with enthusiastic and dedicated trustees and leaders.
- A commitment to the professional development of our staff, providing regular development days and access to a range of CPD to help you grow and develop in your role.
- We are a disability confident employer and adopt a range of workplace adjustments to support our teams to achieve their best.
- Cycle to work scheme which enables you to save over 25% on bikes & accessories.
- Eligibility for discount schemes such as NUS, Totum & Costco membership.
- Focussed support on your wellbeing, such as support groups, access to 24 hour Employee Assistance Support and counselling, eye care vouchers, and flu / Hep-B vaccinations for eligible staff.
- Contributory pension, enhanced family leave and occupational sick leave.
- A generous paid holiday allowance (Pro-rata 22 days per year plus bank holidays and one additional discretionary day).
If you are interested in this post, please complete the application forms, and e-mail them our HR Team. Application forms can be downloaded from the vacancies page on our website.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CVs and ask that you complete the Homefield Application Form in order for your application to be considered.
Homefield College promotes equality and diversity, and are a Disability Confident committed employer. All our employees are recruited on their merits, abilities and suitability for the role, complying with all relevant legislation, recommendations and guidance.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expect all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to child protection screening, including checks with past employers and enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than stated should we source a suitable candidate before the closing date.
We look forward to hearing from you.